American Express and British Airways have joined forces to give the much-loved pizza a travel-inspired transformation this summer, thanks to British Airways American Express® Cards. The Companionizza has been designed to give travel companions who don’t know where to jet off to, an opportunity to get a taste of their next delicious destination. And what’s more, it’s all free.
The Companionizza, is an artisan pizza split exactly down the middle, with six different travel-inspired flavour options from some of the nation’s favourite international holiday hotspots. All being served up throughout London this weekend for free at London Southbank, Friday 22 July and Ely’s Yard, Truman Brewery Saturday 23 July to Sunday 24 July.
The innovative food creation has been inspired by the British Airways American Express® Premium Plus Card to celebrate the Companion Voucher, which provides a second seat on the same British Airways flight for a companion, when they make a Reward Flight booking. Or, for those Cardmembers that prefer their own company, a 50% Avios discount on a solo booking.
Each Companionizza can be topped with delicious flavour pairings that are iconic to each destination, from Chicken Schnitzel in Vienna to Jamon from Barcelona and crab claws in San Francisco, giving prospective travellers a taste of some of the nation’s favourite international holiday hotspots before they even make a booking. Here’s the full menu for the adventurous foodies:
- New York: double pepperoni, san marzano tomato, mozzarella, oregano
- Milan (VE): wood roasted aubergine, vegan pesto di Milano, san marzano tomato, vegan mozzarella, fresh basil, vegan hard cheese shavings, extra virgin olive oil
- San Francisco: crab meat, mozzarella, potato, cucumber brunoise, tahini, dried chilli, parsley
- Barcelona: spanish jamon crudo iberico, manchego cheese, roasted datterini tomato, mozzarella, rocket, extra virgin olive oil
- Vienna: chicken schnitzel slices, garlic aioli, mozzarella, pangrattato breadcrumbs, fresh lemon, fresh parsley, extra virgin olive oil
- Nice: Hazelnut and chocolate spread, crushed hazelnuts and ricotta
Whether you like the look of the NICE/VIENNA, where schnitzel meets Nutella, or any of the other 36 possible combinations on the legendary Companionizza, this is where you need to be this weekend.
Free Companionizzas will be available at London Southbank on Friday 22 July from 12pm, and Ely’s Yard, Truman Brewery on Saturday 23 July from 3pm and on Sunday 24 July from 12pm, while stocks last – we’ll see you in the queue!
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.