LUCKY RESIDENTS OF PECKHAM GOT THE BEST NEW NEIGHBOUR
Take a bow, Peckham, you have done London proud with your new addition restaurant “Good Neighbour”. Nice try, Camberwell and very well played, Tooting but our hearts now belong to Peckham where Good Neighbour’s third restaurant and wine bar has opened on the 22nd of May.
They have a small terrace outside for alfresco dining and the indoor space is split into two sections: a wine bar at the front and a space for banquette seating at the back. Overall it is a charming and cosy restaurant but the kitchen is where the magic happens and that is thanks to Josue Otero and Paul Williamson (formerly at Soho House).
The menu offers a selection of sharing small plates and there is also a cheese and charcuterie board. The options keep changing, with some star dishes that are permanent, but here's a taste of what you can find in the evening menu:
- Smoked miso aubergine doughnuts with house pickles & shiitake lime jus
- Octopus, ratte potatoes, mojo picon, green olive salsa verde
- Gorgonzola walnut filled gnocchi, pesto & pickled grapes
- Crispy pig cheeks, celeriac slaw, stilton & Bramley apple sauce
- Southeast Asian influence with dishes such as Korean glazed confit chicken, kimchi, shitake & crispy chicken ski
- Harissa roast cauliflower, turmeric hummus, flaked almonds, date molasses
- Prawn croquettes, black garlic aioli
- Breads n spreads; hummus, basil pesto, ajoblanco
- Tuna tataki, miso cauliflower, apple & beetroot salsa
- Good Neighbour’s famous artichoke & Parmesan dip
- Beetroot & hazelnut arancini, black garlic aioli, green olive salsa verde
- Pavlova mille fuille, red berries, basil & mint
- Mango & cherry cheesecake
Overall, the food seems to have a Southeast Asian influence that will make you hum at every bite.
For drinks they have a variety of interesting wines and house cocktails, our favourite was Kiss From A Rose (Strawbeery gin, rose petal, citrus, maple)
They also offer weekend brunch which includes smoked brisket benedict, Full English, tacos, sandwiches and salads but we all know brunch is just the main excuse to come down for "Peckham’s best Bloody Mary".
They even had a generous soft launch offer: 50% off food from 22 May until 2 June 2021
Children & well behaved dogs are also welcome. Or was it the other way around?! Hmm…
The staff is so very friendly and welcoming that you don't feel like leaving. We met the lovely Tamsin there and she was absolutely amazing!
Oh, what a MEMORABLE evening!
Find it here: 58 Peckham Rye, London SE15 4JR
Go! Go! Go!
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.