Planet Organic will be opening its 14th store on 14th December on Broadway Market, bringing to Hackney its impressive range of health and wellbeing offerings, and its all-important organic food and drink delights.
With the Planet Organic coffee bike handing out complimentary (and delicious!) sweet potato brownies and selling coffee this week, and a free goodie bag offer on during launch week (worth £10 with purchases over £30 in store), there’s a lot to celebrate with this newest addition to the store family.
From its formation in 1995 and its first store on Westbourne Grove, Planet Organic has come a long way. But 14 stores and over 8,000 product lines later, the core value remains unchanged. It proudly wears the label of the UK’s first organic supermarket, certified by the Soil Association, and continues to work closely with them to maintain that all products are both fully organic and support an active and well-balanced life – that includes fresh produce, brand products, all cooked food in Planet Organic kitchens, juices, smoothies, and coffees made in store.
But Planet Organic is more than just an organic food shop. It has been a key contributor to its communities, and has supported and spearheaded numerous charitable initiatives throughout its lifespan. While its credentials in the buying and selling of good quality, organic products have long been undisputed, its scale of care and support for the neighbourhoods it belongs to has frequently flown under the radar.
In this latest venture on Broadway Market, Planet Organic will be working closely with the Hackney community on missions that include:
- Development of apprenticeship and mentorship schemes in 2022 with Hackney Council.
- Allocation of monthly donations to help those in crisis with Hackney Food Bank.
- Donation of 100% of profits to Made in Hackney from sales of their aprons and tote bag in store.
- Offering of free meeting spaces for underfunded charities with volunteer centre VC Hackney.
- Championing the best that Hackney has to offer by selling products from selected local suppliers in a corner of the store.
- Sponsorship of kits for adults’ and children’s teams with East London Ladies FC.
- Provision of meeting spaces and half time tea for matches throughout the season with Hackney Laces.
There’s several other notable accomplishments from its history. In 2018, Planet Organic became the first zero edible food waste business by partnering with companies like Olio and Too Good To Go, to share surplus food rather than dispose of it. Apprenticeships have been offered throughout the London stores, and through partnership with House of Barnabas and Well Grounded, Planet Organic has been able to provide ongoing support and training for lasting paid employment, helping to break the cycle of homelessness.
It’s this clear sense of unity between eating and drinking well, and doing well that makes us such strong supporters of Planet Organic. Of course, the fantastically fresh food and mouth-watering kitchen menus help too – and did we mention that the sweet potato brownies are simply incredible? We can’t wait to welcome in the new Hackney store on 14th December at 30 Broadway Market, London E8 4QJ.
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.